Monday, June 30

Heads or Tails

TAILS - Share a Summertime memory

When I was little, we used to load up into my grandparents motor-home and go boating at the lake for a week or two. This was the highlight of my youth.

Driving to the lake my Grandpa would let me sit on his lap and "drive" in turn causing my Grandma to nearly have a stroke.

Then, as my Grandpa and Dad worked to get the boat loaded into the water, my Grandma would distract us older kids by telling us Ghost Stories about the man with the Golden Leg... I remember this day specifically.

One time, there was a HUGE storm one night and I was a little nervous that we were going to lose the boat. But my Grandma reassured me that Grandpa had tied it down tight and that if I went to bed, it would still be there in the morning. And sure enough, it still was.

Now that I am older, the one thing I had always wanted to get is a boat so that my children can grow up having the same wonderful memories like I had. Maybe one day I will get have one... if not for my children, then for my grandchildren.



Check out the Heads or Tails Home Page for more HoTs.

7 comments:

smarmoofus said...

hehe I feel like I'm spamming you now. *points at comments on the next two posts*

I hope you're able to get that boat some day. Sharing experiences like that with your children (or grandchildren if it takes a while) can be so special. And when it happens, I really hope they appreciate it as much as you did as a child.

Happy HoT!
-smarmoofus

Hootin Anni said...

Awwwww, I like how you have a dream of owning a boat for your grandchildren so they too can have the good memories! And the man with the Golden leg? Oh oh, that reminds me of a story in MY life about the guy with a hoof for his foot! Long story.

Mine is shared. Stop by if you can. But warning, it's a bit different than what you'd probably expect for a summer memory.

Tina said...

that golden leg story sounds good. you will have to tell us about it sometime ha!

Like the sound of the boating lake. bet you had a great time.

My HoTs is up too. Hope youll stop by ;-)

Juliana RW said...

great summer story with ur opa. I have lots of memory also with my my opa..

Visit me in here

Barb said...

Summer and being young.. what a wonderful combination.

I hope you someday get a chance to pass it on to your younger family members.

Preethi said...

lovely post.. childhood memories are so precious

Summers of my past

CJ said...

Boats are so cool - and you're lucky to have such wonderful grandparents!

Mine's up at:

www.rtmm.blogspot.com

cjh